Welcome to the first KLT Charting SAL of 2022 - the Snowman SAL.
This SAL is a little bit different in that there are 4 main snowmen, and then an additional 2 which you may or may not wish to stitch. The choice is entirely yours! The information below gives the details for both.
The price remains the same, even if you choose to only stitch the first 4 snowmen, and you will be sent numbers 5 and 6 on their release day as normal.
Similar to previous KLT Charting SALs, there will be an element in each Snowman that has a repeating pattern (different on each release) that you are encouraged to choose your colours when stitching to truly make it your own. The preview picture is to preserve a little mystery.
The additional images shown are examples of how the previous KLT SALs turned out.
Sign ups for this SAL are starting now, and will then keep the following FORTNIGHTLY release schedule:
- Snowman 1 - 12th January 2022
- Snowman 2 - 26th January 2022
- Snowman 3 - 9th February 2022
- Snowman 4 - 23rd February 2022
- Snowman 5 - 9th March 2022
- Snowman 6 - 23rd March 2022
This SAL will close to sales on 23rd March 2022 and will remain exclusive to those who signed up during the SAL period, for one year before going on general sale.
To stitch all 6 snowmen, on 14ct aida, it is estimated that you will need the following threads:
- DMC 310 x 2 skeins
- DMC 822 x 1 skein
- DMC 947 x 1 skein
- DMC B5200 x 4 skeins
- Your colour choice 1 x 1 skein
- Your colour choice 2 x 2 skeins
This SAL is only available as PDF as standard. If you are especially keen to have a printed membership, please contact Kim who can come to an arrangement with you, but there will be no guarantees each part will make it to on each release day.
If stitched as charted with SIX snowmen, this design is 221x165 stitches.
If stitched as charted with FOUR snowmen, this design is 221x85 stitches.
Below you can find a guide as to the size fabric you will need depending on your count preference. All of these measurements allow 3 inches all around the stitched area for finishing/framing and assume they are to be stitched in the layout charted.
KLT Charting will NOT be offering a special hand dyed fabric for this SAL.
- 14 count - 22x18 inches (6 snowmen) or 22x12 inches (4 snowmen)
- 16 count - 20x17 inches (6 snowmen) or 20x12 inches (4 snowmen)
- 18 count - 19x15 inches (6 snowmen) or 19x11 inches (4 snowmen)
- 20 count - 17x14 inches (6 snowmen) or 17x10 inches (4 snowmen)
- 25 count (over 1) - 15x13 inches (6 snowmen) or 15x10 inches (4 snowmen)
- 25 count (over 2) - 24x19 inches (6 snowmen) or 24x13 inches (4 snowmen)
- 28 count (over 1) - 14x12 inches (6 snowmen) or 14x9 inches (4 snowmen)
- 28 count (over 2) - 22x18 inches (6 snowmen) or 22x12 inches (4 snowmen)
- 32 count (over 1) - 13x11 inches (6 snowmen) or 13x19 inches (4 snowmen)
- 32 count (over 2) - 20x17 inches (6 snowmen) or 20x12 inches (4 snowmen)
I think that's just about everything, but do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.